- American Historical Association's Guide to Careers for Students of History
- AHA Blog Series: What To Do With a BA in History?
- Career Guidance in Public History by the National Council on Public History
- Service-oriented programs for college graduates that offer a bit of breathing room for a year or two (i.e. “gap year”), in addition to offering professional development and sometimes post-BA education financial support.
Considering Graduate School?
- AHA’s History Doctoral Programs in the United States and Canada web site
- contains the pertinent statistics, specialties, and contact information for most of the PhD programs in North America and Canada
- US News rankings by sub-specialty (including U.S. Colonial, Modern U.S., European, African-American, Cultural, Latin American, African, Women's, Asian)
- AHA Graduate School Application Process: From Start to Finish
- AHA Today: How to Pick A Graduate Program
Job/Internship Search Websites